View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-02, 17:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/208/190
BF:
Progress: 38%
Question bfl "off" day and low carb

I have had success with body for life in the past and am intrigued by the what I've read and heard about the low carb lifestyle. Some of the results I have seen in friends/colleagues are amazing! I have just completed my 2 week induction and intend to continue induction for at least another 2 weeks.

One of the reasons that I believe that bfl works well is the "off" day, that is one day a week you can do whatever you like, i.e. don't work out, eat whatever you like. For me it worked on two levels; 1) Whenever I was tempted to go off the reservation, I could always postpone it to my off day, and 2) On those occasions on my off day when I really did significantly alter my intake w/either fatty foods or large portions, it became abundantly clear just WHY I didn't eat that way anymore (i got that bloated, bowling ball in the stomach feeling). Even when I didn't take full advantage of the off day, the fact that I could if I wanted, I believe, helped me stay with it.

Can this work for the low carb lifestyle? I got the impression during my reading about induction that any misstep required re-setting the clock for induction. I understand the importance of induction and that it is very important to be diligent while you're in it. My question is after induction: Will having an off day once a week, similar to bfl, significantly my ability to realize my goal weight?

In case it is relevant to your answer, I am continuing the bfl workout.

Your comments are appreciated.
Sponsored Links