View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-02, 08:28

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 191/152/155
BF:
Progress: 108%
Talking One A Day!

From the sources I have read for many years everybody should at least take a one a day vitamin with at least 400mcg folic acid or folate. Not everything in these vitamin pills have enough evidence behind them that says yes the body somehow is able to use it from a supplement. But there are definitely things that you can not get enough from your food like folate. I read a report on vitamins in the last two years from CPSI. The best rated one a days included the big drugstore chains like Walgrens and Rite-Aid. They have enough clout to demand quality from the vitamin suppliers. I was surprised to find out that my GNC Mega Men was poorly rated. The readily available Centrum was highly rated. I got a Centrum equivalent, Sentry, at Wall Mart. Also because of no fruit and little vegtables in induction I found out that I needed more Potassium. 100-400mg/day. Calcium is always an important issue more so for women, but also for men. Lastly Vitamin C - I am looking into 500mg time release. All those mentioned are at least fairly cheap.