View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 20:14

Plan: Atkins, Protein Power
Stats: 216/200/145
BF:f/a/t
Progress: 23%
Cool You mean it's not just because it's 90+ degrees outside!

Hi,

Actually, my sweat quotient has also gone *way* up since I started Atkins a few weeks ago. I thought maybe it was peri-menopause (though I haven't been having hot flashes lately). But now that you mention it, I've also been sweating faster whenever I'm moving . . . not just exercise but, for example, when I walk my dog in the morning and in the evening, where as I used to do an hour at a brisk clip with no sweat, now I return drenched. If this is due to Atkins, I say, bring it on! This can only be a good thing.

First, you're probably flushing all kinds of toxins out through your pores. This has got to be better for the overall health and glowability of your skin. Second, my doctor (an endocrinologist) once told me that some of the fat we lose while dieting/exercising is actually excreted through our sweat.

So, I guess I'd have to say, don't worry about it unless you're sweating so much that it's really getting in the way of the rest of your life. Instead, think of all the pounds you're sweating away!

ciao! ... heket ...