#2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 10:56

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%
Default hi

Have you talked to your doc?

Dr Atkins is against meds that might slow down your progress, but each of us respond in our own way.

You're taking a medication that helps with depression? OCD? Look at it this way....if you continue the med and start feeling better maybe you'll be able to cut down or even stop it. But....if you stop the med and you go into a depression, you'll probably have a much harder time at following your plan!

I'm on HRT, which is another med Atkins doesn't like, but due to unbearable symptoms of menopause I intend to continue it....for now anyway! I also take lots of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflamatory drugs)....800 mg of Motrin 2-4 times per day. That is something I'm hoping I can cut back on once I get into better shape, but I figure if I stop it now I won't be abel to do the exercises!

I'm new at LC, but I've been a RN for over 25 years. I am not an advocate of medications.....mostly I think docs prescribe meds rather than try to deal with the problem! It's so much easier on them!

Talk to your doc....and go by how you feel! If you think you might be able to cut back on your dose, please do not do this without advice from your doc!

Good luck.....and keep us informed on your progress!

CindySue