View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 09:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/174/168
BF:17.4%
Progress: 50%
Default The Lean routine - variations on a theme

tend to agree with you i have been on this diet since may 1 and mave gained 12 lbs I exercise 4 times a week , my fat levels went up, I never used to eat muck bread before or sugar but no fat at all. then suddenly all the fat well what can I say the results speak for themselves, i was also getting alot of bleeding from my bum and it was a pain in the arse to take a dump - I dreaded it the pain was intollerable, so last week I thought -sod this and I took up a variation on a theme as follows:
Bfst Egg white omelet-no butter with spinach, mushrooms or tomato
Wheat toast 1 slice Coffee : fruit or veg juice

Lunch Grilled Chicken on wheat roll with lettuce and tomato-(hold the mayo)

Dinner
12 oz grilled fish or 8oz steak or 2 chick breasts with steamed veggies

snacks
Protein shake, non fat yoghurt with fruit and sliced turkey or non fat cottage cheese. skimmed milk.
No soda, no alcohol, 12x 10oz water p-day

Guess what I have lost 6 lbs. in 7 days
and I have tons of energy....and I can take a shit withouut grimacing and a toilet bowl full of blood.
When I am doing alot of cardio I eat more oatmeal for breakafst.
Well I am going to keep this going and lets see.
Prior to this IO was doing
bfst 4 pcs bacon + 2 eggs mayo
lunch large cobb salad 3 tbs mayo
dinner 10oz steak and veg 3 tbs mayo
12x10 glasses water as above.

My routine-diet component is that on heavy weight days in the gym I eat more protein
So in effect my approach is to conserve caloriesby giving my body calories in the shape of prortein and carbs only when i intend to need them.not indiscriminantly protein- fat- protein- fat day after day....on cardio heavy days I go heavier on the complex carbs.but cut out almost all the fat.
Guess what I feel great...today I have lost ANOTHER one pound ! And I can run for ever!! and take a crap without screaming..
I guess this works for me and I am not suggesting
this is gonna work for others but it's a variation on a theme.
Regards Richard