#8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 09:46

Plan: "New High Protein Diet"
Stats: 133/133/105
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

Hi,

New member here. I've been lurking for a few weeks and have been enjoying all of your posts.
About myself...

I've put on just over 2 stone during the last couple of years after quitting the nicotine (3 packs a day!) I tried the low-fat, low-calorie, etc to no avail.
A couple of weeks ago I started the New High Protein diet and shed quite a few pounds. I was feeling great, I had more energy, felt calmer and my skin and hair had improved as well.
However, last weekend I had a terrible case of food poisoning and since then I had been loathed to put any protein in my mouth and suffered colossal carb cravings. I went to see my traditional chinese medicine doctor who put me on some detoxing herbs and she suggested to lay off the high protein as well.
Wouldn't you know that I absolutely ballooned in a matter of days, that dark circles that weren't even present during the food poisoning, had appeared and I could barely drag myself out of bed.
Well, I had another consultation with her today and she has told me to go ahead and cut down on the carbs, give up the bread, basically resume the way I had been eating since it had been working for myself. The traditional chinese medicine approach is all about balance and perhaps what falls under the definition of balance is different for everyone. For me, this is low carb and I can't wait to start tomorrow and this time I am staying on track, bugs or no bugs!
Thanks for being here, Bluegreen