Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 06:24

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Welcome Quincy!

Hi Quincey!
Glad to see you post here.

The wonderful thing about Atkins is that initial "Whoosh" of pounds just melting away. And Atkins certainly keeps you satisfied --- no hunger pains! (not that I have ever been hungry on SB)

I have been on Atkins and PPP and lost weight on both but my weight loss slowed after a few weeks to a respectable 1/2-2 pounds a week --- which I was pleased with because I am a "turtle" when it comes to losing weight.

I thought SugarBusters! was too good to be true but it turns out that I can add few whole grains and fruit to my menus and still lose at about 1/2-2 pounds a week. I've been pleased. (I like the idea of not eating processed chemical laden foods too)

Some people find that when they first switch from Atkins to SB that they gain a couple of pounds back. That's because the carbs cause you to retain some water. But you'll lose that water weight again very quickly.

Like you I was really nervous about the whole thing. When I made the switch I added fruit back for the first week. I introduced it as snacks.

The 2nd week I added a slice of whole grain toast with breakfast and occasionally 1/2 of a baked sweet potato for supper.I didn't have the weight gain that happens to some.

So I'd say Go for It!

Sorry for the "novel". I hope this helps with your decision.

molly

ps -- Men generally tend to lose weight faster than women --- more muscle mass and different hormonal issues. I don't think you'll have a problem with slow weight loss.