View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-02, 21:24

Plan: No Grain Diet www.mercola
Stats: 181/173/173 Male 72"
BF:18/12/10
Progress: 100%
Default I'm getting my blood tested!!

So I am getting my blood tested for some unrelated medical condition, and on the sheet there are a whole bunch of boxes you can check to have varoious analysis done on it. So I asked the doctor if I could 'throw on' a Lipid Panel which is basically a cholesterol test. So I will find out soon enough whether my system is like a clogged drain or what with all the eggs and cheese and fats (saturated also, yum) I have been eating (also some coconut oil recently thanks to BillW). I of course will post my result here for everyone else to see, has anyone gotten a cholesterol test since starting low-carbing?? I have heard that supposedly doesn't raise cholesterol, but I am skeptical since it is my heart and all that.

Side note: There was also a box for "free Testosterone' that was on the sheet, that I checked myself. SO I think I will be able to find out my testosterone levels, which is something I always wanted to know. So I can find out if I am just not trying hard enough in the gym, or not eating right, or maybe have low test levels, why I am not a 230lb gorilla.

Side side note, so in my diet I am aiming for approx. 1.5:1 ratio of fat to protein. I just happened to be at Jack In The Box the other day, and looked at the info for their Bacon Ultimate, and found that this seems to exactly fit this ratio. It's like the golden ratio or something, I caledl Fibonacci to tell him. This is without the bun, of course. But here is the link, see for youself.......

http://www.jackinthebox.com/ourfood/index.php?section=7

(goto Burgers)
Sponsored Links