#14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-02, 14:20
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hi Bill,

My major problem seems to have been thyroid. I had it tested by TSH which was normal. But when I called the Atkins center they had me take my temp in the morning before eating and it was 95.3. They said anything below 97.7 indicates low thyroid, they recommended a holistic doctor. This doctor tested the actual amount of thyroid hormone T3 which came out low. After a few months taking thyroid supplement I felt so much better it was incredible and I started slowly losing weight. That was the first time that I stayed in ketosis while eating lowcarb.

Other stallers for me were taking a beta blocker and antihistamines.

I think I also had problems because I went for the lowcarb products especially the bars, those seem to really slow things down for me even now.

Somewhere on the Atkins site I read that some people are so metabolically resistant that they have to eat less than 15 carbs per day to lose.

Do you take any meds or have sugar intolerance problems that might be slowing things down?

Keep with it I know you can figure this out. Do you think your a slow loser and your building muscle at the same time is a factor?

Nancy