View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-02, 10:57

Plan: low carb
Stats: 371/262/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 47%

hidey ho kids,

thought i would join this little group. there is already one of my favorite people here (miss betty).

it is really wonderful to talk with others who weigh about the same as i do. i am always bombarded with negativty from the outside world who think it is their mission on planet earth to deride and humiliate every fat person alive. i feel normal here.

a week ago, i was in a 7-11 when a man made a rude comment to me. i was hurt, and i tried my best to not let it bother me, but it did. i kept asking myself, why does the negative comment from a stranger hurt me? the answer i came up with was that the rude remark is a judgement on me. it is also a form of rejection. no matter how strong a person you are, rejection, in any form, hurts.

so i met him in the parking lot and beat the snot out of him. okay, okay it was just a fantasy, but i felt justified in wallowing in that piece of negativity.

why is it so difficult for people to see past another's overweight? there are so many wonderful qualities that can be found in people, and yet, being overweight seems to nullify the good aspects of an individual. ho-hum.

through being overweight, i have learned to accept others even when they are not homogenous in appearance. i make no negative remarks regarding what they look like. i believe it has made me a better person. *oh look, i am patting myself on the back* hehehe

thanks for lending your ear or perhaps i should say eyes.

and yes, donald is very attractive. i love dark haired men with blue eyes. to me, pierce brosnan is a perfect specimen of a man. oh, and mel gibson, etc., etc., etc.

tina