View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 18:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/200/170
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default LC/BFL

This is great! I was so hurt after applying for a buddy in the buddy room and nobody replied!! Now I have you guys!! Ok I'm better now!!
Thank you "Itsjoyful" for the heads up on the other groups!! Oh by the way HELLO!! you look great!! I had to laugh at your kitty in the photo's. I have a dog that insists on doing the same thing.
Hello Bec. I'm no expert but I think anybody here could tell you, Do It Low Carb!!! It has been such a way of life for me, that I wouldn't change for anything. I've read alot of threads in the LC/BFL section. There are very knowledgeable people there. I found threads by Natrushka and Marlaine to be very helpful with meal planning. That is where I got my info on (1g of protein for every pound you weigh) and to keep your carb intake (between 30-40g )a day. I do not use bars, however I do use protein shakes. I add to my shakes 1 TBLS "UDO'S oil "and "1TBLS ALL GREENS." I have been doing this since I started LC a year ago. Now since BFL I take one shake in the morning ,one in the evening and 1/2 one 30min before lifting weights. I got myself some L'Glutamine powder it came highly recommended by Natrushka. I only use it in my 1/2 shake before weights and right after in some water. I plan every night what I'm going to eat and at what time. I find I have to eat every 2 hours just to get my six meals in. Sometimes I even have seven meals to fit in my required pro/carbs. I try to eat as close to nature as I can. ( chicken,fresh and canned salmon,canned tuna,red meat,no processed meat of any kind.) I eat raw veg(broc,cauliflower,romaine lettuce,spinach ect) cooking them uses up too many valuable carbs. I do not eat cheese any more because it platues me. I can't remember who suggested it in one of the threads but I live for my one little piece of heaven: 1/2 cup cottage cheese. 1/2 cup strawberries or blueberries and a sprinkle of splenda!! To me this is cheese cake heaven!!! (14.4 carb-18.0 protein) I do not take a "day off" from eatting LC but may have a diet cafeine free coke for a treat on that day. Last but not least water, water, water!!!! I hope I haven't lead you astray with what I'm doing. Anybody, Please correct me if I have. I'm new to this too. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Anyway, Bec here is what I know in a nut shell.
Let me know if you find anything out different ok!!!!