View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 15:11

Plan: Syndrome X
Stats: 254/218/200 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 67%

I think everybody did a good job of breaking it down for you...

1. Espresso often has fewer carbs than regular brewed coffee (because it's the way it's roasted that makes it stornger, not more grinds). Caffeine does affect blood sugar, but it does differently for everyone...while in many people it rises, I've heard in some that going without also raises blood sugar. The impact on blood sugar also depends on time of day and relationship to meals.

2. Definitely breve...some places, this means H/H, some cream. If you know the place well and frequent it often enough, ask if they have or would get cream and pay them extra for it. Even the diffrence between Cream and H/H helps.

3. Most places that have syrups can the SF. It probably won't be atkins, but they probably use DaVinci or Torani both of which have SF Vanilla...so they could easily get their supplier to add it.

A couple other ideas:

- Order yourself a bottle or two of SF Vanilla Syrup...you get them at Netrition or if there is a "CostPlus World Market" in your area, they stock lots of SF Torani Flavors...I've been able to get SF Vanilla, SF Caramel and SF English Toffee and they are only $4.99 for the big 750ML bottle. The stuff is NOT "refridgerate after opening", so you could transfer a small amount to an "on the go" bottle and do it yourself.

- You couldn't do it at a Starbucks or some other large chains, but if you're your coffe place everyday, you might try convincing the manager to create a "chalkboard special" "Low Carb Sugar Free Latte" to test out for awhile...they'd be surprised at not only the number of Low Carbers out there, but the number of folks not Low Carbing who'd like a little less sugar in their beverages.