View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 07:55
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/-
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Can't...stop...drinking...lattes!

For a good 3.5 years, I've indulged by having my "daily latte" - I started this because I love coffee, but I was drinking upwards of 12 cups per day and battling insomnia & panic attacks (go figure!) - having the one "special" coffee per day is very satisfying!

The problem is - the way I like my lattes is with vanilla syrup (I drink them blended with iced during summer). Not only that, but I drink them fully-caffeinated, because the decaf (I tried for few weeks to switch) just doesn't taste very good.

So now, I am really struggling with giving them up.

I have managed to give up potatoes & flour/grain products (boy, I miss pasta) - and I've eliminated a huge amount of sugar as well... but when I try to give up the lattes, I find myself literally obsessing over them. On top of that, I get terrific headaches (not sure if it's from missing the sugar or the caffeine) so I usually just cave & buy one.

I've tried cutting back - and have been moderately successful with that (i.e., I've gone from an X-Lg to a regular size) - but I just really feel incapable of giving them up totally.

Any suggestions? Any substitutes you all have found? Any way to get rid of the headaches on those days I feel strong enough not to buy one?

Thanks for any & all replies. I feel like this is the one thing preventing me from formally going through induction & I believe it's only feeding other sugar cravings...
Sponsored Links