View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 06:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/156/150
BF:
Progress: 81%

Catmom, I think I am having the same problem. Or it may be all in my head . This week I introduced bread (Tom's low carb, only 1 carb), crisp bread (0 carb) and for something sweet I bought chocolate frozen desert that has 3 carbs per 1/2 cup. I have had these items since Sunday. Yesterday I ate like a pig and all day long. I still managed to eat in my carb range but I just couldn't stop snacking. It was awful and so unusual for me since I started Atkins. Now I am thinking not to eat these products and sticking with the basics, salads, meat, cheese, vegies, etc. I've not eaten those no-carb bars or the shakes. I guess I like food instead of those items and I can see where it would give me trouble.

So, I am with you Catmom, give me steak !!

Karin

Quote:
Originally posted by Catmom
I agree with Karen - this is the first diet I have ever been on where I am not hungry or obsessing about when I can have a treat. Dr Atkins says if you are hungry you should eat food approved on the program. For me that is a little chicken salad.

A warning though. . . I tried those no-carb candy bars, overindulged, and, while I didn't have the gastric distress others have reported, it nearly took me out of ketosis (from deep purple to barely pink) and I found my cravings for sweets returning.

I have now sworn off sugar and flour for good. It isn't worth having cravings rule your life. Give me a nice juicy steak instead - LOL!