Pending Member

Plan: na
Stats: 190/170/210
BF:
Progress: -100%
Default Re: LC bashing

Quote:
Originally posted by tokenyanke
I've been checking out a really good website on natural bodybuilding and find the same thing... they bash the LC lifestyle... or at least what they call the "very low carb" WOE. So, I skip over that and just figure they probably have never even tried the LC WOE and have no idea.

As long as I'm still feeling good doing it "my way", I don't intend to change.

Well, most bodybuilding sites bash "LC" diets because LC diets alone simply don't lead to the well muscled bodies that are the norm in bodybuilding circles. The problem is that most people that come to LC diets come wanting to lose fat. Plain and simple. How often do you see a person jumping into a LC diet to gain muscle (which burns away fat in the long run)? I've never seen a muscular, healthy person come up and say they were on Atkins... or any other "LC" diet for that matter. If you take on the other hand how many people step directly towards bodybuilding and don't focus on the "LC" aspect of losing fat, they usually achieve excellent results and burn massive amounts of fat without severely restricting their carbs... at least healthy low GI carbs. Think about it.