#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 11:44
Registered Member

Plan: Shark Cycle Plan
Stats: 410/323/250
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Flax-O-Meal Pancake & Pizza Crust Mix Reviews

OK, time for a couple of product reviews. Both these are Low Carb Success brands ordered off lowcarbmall.

Before I start, I want to address low carb products in general. If you have the expectation that these products will taste the SAME as the normal carb-filled product you need to adjust you expectations, just like the fat free foods and "fake" meats don't taste as good as the originals. How I judge these is afterward, do I feel "deprived" that I couldn't have the original? Was this an adequate substitute that helps me stay on the diet?

The first is the Flax-O-Meal Butter Pecan Pancake & Waffle Mix. The first time we tried this mix, they fell apart as we tried to flip them over with a spatula. This last week we bought a "flip over" 2 sided pan which allows you to shut the pan and flip it over so you don't need a spatula. It made all the difference in the world. The flavor is good and it has a very pancake like consistancy. The only drawback is that it is still somewhat high in carbs (25 for 2 5" diameter pancakes), so by the time I added some low carb syrup and peanut butter, it checked out at 30 carbs. Now this is OK if I am pretty much carb free for the rest of the day, or am working hard doing home improvement stuff. The $7 mix makes 18 pancakes.

Grade:

Next up was the Flax-O-Meal Pizza crust. I was really looking forward to this since Pizza was the food I was having the most trouble emulating. I was not disappointed. The Italian Herb mix smelled great when it was in dough form, and made a tasty pizza crust. The $7 mix makes 2 pizzas. The only caviat I had was that I had to keep the pieces small so it would support the loads of pepperoni and cheese I had on it. Half a pretty good size pizza was 21 carbs, and that was more than enough to satisfy this 350 lb monster

Grade:

We will obviously buy these again
Sponsored Links