View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 09:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Cool Yummmmm

Well, I just made LC bread and butter pickles using the recipe I posted here and they are delicious! I used the turmeric and cinnamon options, plus cucumbers from my own garden, and they taste just like the Mrs. Fanning B & B pickles I have eaten all my life, only better. Yes, making them is a bit of a production, but I love to cook, so I'm always willing to spend a bit of time, especially for something I really like. And it will be easier next time because I learned a lot from my first attempt.

Next time I might leave out the peppers and onions and just use cucumbers because it's even easier and Mrs. Fanning's pickles only have cucumbers.

This was the first time I have actually canned anything, because I have always taken the easy way out and frozen everything, even jam. It wasn't as difficult as I have always thought. It has already occured to me, however, that during the rest of the year when I have to buy cucumbers that if I just make a few jars at a time and keep them in the frig I wouldn't have to process them in the water bath.

Sweet pickle relish is next!

Karla