#7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 07:50

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Shasta
I was shocked to see the amount of calories I was eating! I can't believe that I never gained any weight. That's why I am so surprised that I'm not losing now that I am eating correctly. I've also missed two TOMs since changing my eating 64 days ago. I think my body is in shock. It doesn't recognize all the nutrients it is receiving

Shasta, again, I have to say EAT more. What is the 'correct' number of calories for you and what is the correct number of calories for another 5'2" woman does not have to be the same. There are some people with fast metabolism, some with damaged and very slow ones, and some like you! The fact that you are now feeding your body adequate nutrients and it is not behaving properly (not TOM) is a sign, IMHO, that it is not getting adequate calories.

If, at 4000 calories you did not gain weight and at 2000 you cannot lose weight, there is a problem with the numbers. Let me put it another way: If a 150 lb woman posted that she used to eat 2000 calories a day and she cut down to 1000 a day and was not losing fat and she had not had her TOM for 64 days, what would you advise her to do?

Starvation and Stress for my body happens at around 1800 calories a day - for you it's higher. Your body has not been subjected to low calorie dieting, mine has.

Nat