View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 11:43

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Greg
First off, welcome and you are doing great!
Secondly, make sure you drink a lot of water-that will help with the constipation. Also, other people on the forum drink psyllum husks-I dont spell it properly but you can look in Natrushkas journal-she is the queen of the husk
Thirdly, DONT WORRY ABOUT THE SCALE!! As you said yourself, you are losing inches. If you werent losing the inches, then you wouldnt have been able to fit into those other pants! I havent weighed myself in over 3 weeks and I quit using those ketosticks. The scale doenst account for weight from muscle or weight from fat (muscle weighs more). Also, the ketosticks --sometimes they dont show any color even though people consistently lose weight. You dont want a dark color-that means you arent drinking enough water.
Fourthly, dont worry about what people say. The LC way of life is very healthy. More and more this is being recognized. When I started LC 2 months ago, my blood pressure was 150/100. I eat steak, chicken, double whoppers and chicken wings. Now my blodo pressure is 122/84. So THEY cant tell me anything. People are jealous becasue they wish that they had the discipline that you have!!!
Fifthly-hmm is that a word on this forum there is a llittle link called HIDDEN CARB COUNTER. It is at the bottom of the page and will tell you how many hidden carbs are in foods.
And lastly--
those candy bars that are LC have MANY hiddne carbs in them. They also account for stalls in peoples weight loss. I would avoid them or if you do feel you need to eat them, limit their use to once a week or so.

WELCOME! hope this helps and you have a nice weekend!
VIcki