View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 18:09

Plan: Atkins/New High Protein Diet
Stats: 213/189/133
BF:
Progress: 30%
Lightbulb Scotland Uk 10 Year 'yo-yo' Low-Fat Dieter trying Low-Carb diet for first time!!

Stumbled across this site yesterday after having visited my Doctor on Wednesday 7th August and finally admitted 'officially' to be struggling with my weight. He suggested trying a low carb diet and is taking me 'under his wing'. I will visit him in three weeks time. Been told to buy a top of the range multi-vitamin and follow one of the low-carb diets. I also received a scary lecture on damage to my heart, and bones/joints, not to mention diabetes etc. So.....I have purchased Atkins 'New Diet Cookbook' and Dr Charles Clark's 'The New High Protein Diet'. So here I go again..........!

Who am I? I am a very bubbly 32yr old happily married mother of three fantastic but energetic kids, from Scotland UK. I am a great motivator and love to help and support others. My only problem is that although I give great advice/support/encouragement to others, I would never dream of asking anyone else to help me. And....I do need help. I am very wary of this diet as I have NEVER tried anything like it, i.e. always been a 'low-fat' dieter. But....I am more than willing to give it a go. Trying to remain as positive as I possibly can and not think of this as yet another 'failed' attempt to lose weight.

I think of myself as a 'fat cow' (hence the name 'Mrs Moo') but am aware that it is only me who is keeping myself down and making me lose my self-confidence. Determined to cut myself some slack and try to stick to this 'new' way of life.

Thanks for reading this, looking forward to supporting you/ being supported and swapping great hints/tips once I have got the hang of this low-carb thing. (This is Day 2 for me).

Cheers!
Mrs Moo
Sponsored Links