#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 11:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/170/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Cool First post: intro

Hi,
This is my first post to this forum, so I hope I am doing it correctly.

Anyway, I just found out about this forum, and am happy to have the support and info I believe it will give me as I progress through the Atkins diet.

This is my 2nd time through. Several years ago I lost 60+ pounds and it was incredibly easy and I was never hungry. MY BP went down, and I was able to get off my prescription medicine. After keeping the weight off for about 2 years, my life had a lot of changes, for the good, but I went off the diet seriously. I gained back that 60 pounds plus more. So here I am trying again.

I have found that the Atkins diet program has made several changes, and I am trying to get up to speed on all of that. Also new this time, for me, is that I am excercising. I am doing Nautilus as well as walking/jogging every day. I have to say that the weight is coming off slowly, and I sometimes get discouraged and cheat. It is so much harder the 2nd time, almost like my body is rebelling.

I have only lost 20 pounds since March, and although my body is showing signs of muscle being built (under the fat), I could use some encouragement, and also some advice on how to excercise more effectively. I am a little confused on whether it is best to build muscle by Nautilus and/or do cardio(walking/jogging/bike). Recently I heard doing both will work against me.

So I look forward to discussions on this board, as well as support and encouragement.
Katieterp
Sponsored Links