View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 10:24

Plan: Tried Atkins..now SP maybe
Stats: 226.5/221.5/145.0
BF:48/46/25?
Progress: 6%
Smile Thank you for the solid advice...sm

I have been doing a food journel daily since I tried doing Atkins. I remember how well this worked when I did WW and was working out regularly...I could see when I was okay and when I was over...

I will put the scale away. I know my hubby commented on my back looking leaner than it was before...of course he said this very carefully and chose words wisely since he was not sure how I would take this.

I do feel that my "comfy" pants are falling off my waist and am now sorry I did not do the measurements BEFORE I started, but heck, gotta have a starting point somewhere.

I am psyched this time out since i have found I am not napping in the afternoon like I was, have more energy AND just feel better.

My hubby has been doing a little "modified" Atkins and losing weight just fine, but more important to ME...he is less "flatulent" at night when he is asleep. I told him this and though he was a bit embarassed by his nightly habits when he is asleep, I told him that is a good sign...the low-carb is making his internal system work better.

HE ALSO HAS MORE ENERGY. He was on vacation last week and our grandson, who lives with us, said, great, grandpa and I can sit and watch T.V....and then laughed. Well grandpa proved him wrong, finishing the room we had started for him, tearing up the complete hallway area and refinishing it, repainting the entire entrance way, cleaning out the garage...all by Friday...

So I am ready for the changes and I should know better about the scale...

I was just a bit aprehensive last night reading so much on weight gain.

I really like this site and my next thing will be "shopping" tomorrow for low carb things at the health food store...

And I think I will look for her book while I am out instead of waiting for it to come. That one can go to my sister.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Cosmosis.