View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 00:05

Plan: Tried Atkins..now SP maybe
Stats: 226.5/221.5/145.0
BF:48/46/25?
Progress: 6%
Question Have a few ???? new to this whole thing..

HI,
I tried Atkins..started it and stopped it a couple times in the last month. I did not do well because I have NEVER been much of a meat eater and really could not cope with so few veggies...gee, cut my steak in half and slap a pork chop between it and call me stuffed. I read the article in the Womans World about the SP and think that is more my style, since at LEAST you get more veggies than 1.5 cups loosely packed salad.

I was reading the posts here though and I dont see the weight loss claims as I did see on the Atkins boards, Zone areas, etc. In fact, I am a bit depressed after reading here and seeing that some people are GAINING weight.

I need to lose 70 pounds, okay 73 to be exact and DONT want to gain any.

I am starting Pilates again..hurt hip and had to be off it for two weeks, but am starting again lightly tomorrow.

I have to admit that I feel less bloated and more active watching carbs, BUT I have to have veggies...hard to eat steak with ??

I could really use some help here...I cant afford to gain...I have been slowly dragging myself out of depression about letting myself get so overweight (lost 50 pounds on WW 3 years ago and gained back 23 of it)....so to gain weight could be devastating to me.

Is it true that I will gain weight first?

I have ordered the book and will read it cover to cover ASAP, but any help is appreciated.

Cosmosis
Sponsored Links