View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 17:01
Registered Member

Plan: Began 8-26-02 with CALP
Stats: 174/???/135
BF:
Progress: -5%

I have struggled with depression and anxiety off and on for a good portion of my life. There is a genetic disposition, in my case. Three years ago my younger brother attempted suicide by shooting himself in the head (he survived and is back in school, believe it or not); that same year I got married, relocated to another state, and several months later, was evacuated from our home due to a forest fire!!! I am NOT making this up! I was off of the 'stress' scale!! So naturally I had to go to counseling and take meds for a while.

What I find irritating are doctors who INSIST on your taking meds. If you aren't a danger to yourself or anyone else, and if you don't feel you need them, then DON'T LET THEM BULLY YOU into taking something you're not comfortable taking. I have FINALLY convinced my doctor and therapist (husband and wife team) to reduce my Wellbutrin because I am ready...past ready....to get off of the meds. I have been on Wellbutrin for 2.5 years. And the only reason why I think they finally relented is because I told them I may try to get pregnant at the end of this year/beginning of next year (which is true). Otherwise I may still be trying to pull teeth trying to get them to reduce them.

daBAT