View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 08:46

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 191/152/155
BF:
Progress: 108%

To Debpenny,

I appreciate your skepticism! If you read the article it is interesting how this pill is doing calorie restriction by disrupting the Glucose pathway. So we LCers are actually doing this - reducing our glucose intake with our diet. As for the person you are talking about - you said it, we do not have enough information to know exactly what that person is doing overall. I saw on TV another guy that is doing calorie restriction and he is unbelievably thin. He seemed to be in good health. I agree with you in that I would rather not go extreme and just do it the way we are doing it with moderation. You know if they do perfect a magic pill then people can say well look at you - you had to make all those sacrifices to lose weight with Atkins and I just took this pill. The thing is those people's bodies will still have to process all the sugar garbage which causes other problems as we know. I have a friend who is looking for the magic pill and doesn't want to adhere to any diet (keeps fooling himself) he is taking the fat blocking pill - this pill you must do a low fat diet and excersize or you will have oily diahrea. He does not excersise or do low fat and complains that motor oil comes out you know where! Plus he keeps talking about the 10 lbs he lost 4 months ago.

Also as a sidenote. These doctors who wrote the article are cautious and this research is in a early stage. So if you can - read the whole article. My dermatologist is actually friends with one of them. I too get riled up by talk of magic pills and miracle cures! Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your pets. My wife belongs to a Cat club. They arrange cat shows!