View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 19:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 267/224/170
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default How does fluctuating blood sugar affect weight loss on a low carb diet?

I'm a type II diabetic and have been on atkins 10 weeks with success in lowering my blood sugar and weight loss during the first 6 weeks. It's been 4 weeks since the scale has moved and it has been during the last four weeks that I have seen my bs flucuate.

I have a paper journal with my daily food intake and I've been staying in the 20-50 carb range. My carbs mainly come from veggies, hidden carbs (which I carefully track), pumpkin seeds, eggs, cheese. I have not cheated in 10 weeks (which I'm very proud to say).

For instance, for the first 8 weeks, my fasting bs was 90-105 and the highest reading I ever got during the day was 125. Now, my fasting bs is around 120 and my daytime bs is around 130-140.

I'm going to start taking more readings to see how I react to different foods and maybe it will help me figure out how to change my eating to get the weight loss going again.

I'm not sure if the fluctuations are the cause, but I do know that I've always had problems with even vegetable carbs before lc eating making my blood sugar rise.

Jbee
Sponsored Links