Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 14:32

Plan: CKD
Stats: 190/190/180
BF:6
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally posted by Pasoa2000
West,

I see you are at 5% body fat - and you started at 190 lbs - what was your body fat at 190? I am wondering cuz I weigh 190 right now - and have 12% - down from 13.6 before I started CKD (only on the 2nd week now) - Do your friends have significantly more than that?

I would like to get down to 180 / 6-8%

How long did it take you?

The weight numbers I put in were approximate - you've seen my carbup record with a 8-pound swing. When I started at 190 I was probably 8-10%. You should be able to get to 180/6%. Those guys I knew that hit ketosis in a day were in the 20-some range.

Of course you can lose weight without ketosis - the ol' energy balance comes into play. To me it's a little more convenient to diet in ketosis because it suppresses hunger, makes me feel better, and the fat loss is a bit more effective, but if I'm not in it by Friday, fine - try something different next week...

By the way, I carb Saturday morning - Sunday afternoon. That was actually one of the things that broke my previous plateaus. Possibly because I spent more time in ketosis, or quite likely also because carbing at night is more likely to produce fat regain.