View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 09:59

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Well, we were able to see the doctor...

Due to a cancellation, the surgeon who looked after my son at the hospital was able to take us yesterday afternoon. It was a good visit, however, we may not be out of the forest yet.

I inquired about IBS, the colonoscopy / endoscopy, etc, etc. This east-indian doctor was super accomodating & didn't make me feel like a fool for asking all my 'weird' questions.

He feels that IBS is really not what my son's problem is. However, the feeding of fibre, jello, pudding, mashed potatoes, etc is the right thing to do.

I have another appointment for next week Friday. Should my son have another episode before then, the dr told me to contact him & he'd meet me at the hospital and do an exploratory laparotomy on him (incision in belly button, insert a 'tube' & have a look around). Should there actually be an appendix problem, then he'll remove it at the same time.

When I looked up 'laparotomy' and followed it's different cross-references, I came across Peritonitis, which is "...an inflammation of the...two-layered membrane that lines the abdominal cavity. This condition ...may occur as a complication of a disorder in which your digestive tract is irritated or ruptured... The symptoms vary...but there is always severe agdominal pain...You may be nauseous & vomit. [A] decrease of pain does not indicate that you are getting better...it is a danger sign that signals a need for emergency medical treatment..." . Eeesh ...kinda sounds familiar!

So, as you can see, we aren't totally out of the forest yet, but at least the dr is willing to be on standby to do an emergency laparatomy if necessary.

Thanks for your assistance in offering input during a time of uncertainty.