View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 07:44
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

You poor dear sweetheart. You have come to a wonderful place for love and support. You'll learn more here than you can possibly imagine and you are on the road to better health. Welcome.

Are you still seeing your nutritionist? Have you ever consulted with an endocrinologist? I know you said noone is taking new patients, but can you get on a waiting list? In the meantime, keep asking around this forum for some guidance...visit the diabetes sub-forum and hook up with some of the experts there. There are so many who've stabilized their blood sugar beyond their wildest dreams...I'm sure you'll find some great support there.

Your experience with doctors is starting to sound very familiar. I've been on this board since March and have heard TOO many stories similar to yours. I'm not saying that physicians are worthless, they definitely are not that, but I have learned that we can't just simply entrust them blindly with our health. We are ultimately responsible for or own health and doing the research (thank God for the internet!) so that we can make informed choices. If a doctor you've chosen doesn't seem to be listening, then pick a new one. That's just the way it is.

Above all, keep in touch and let us know how you're progressing. Ask any questions that come to mind. We'll help any way we can.