#2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 21:01
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Quote:
I've used quite a bit of splenda in the no-bake cheesecake, the chocolate truffles, Atkins vanilla ice cream and chocolate-mint cream cheese balls - and I've been losing - so what do you think?
If you're still losing, I'd say you're okay. If you find that you're weight stalls at some future time, and you're eating these sweet treats 1-2x a day (or more), that's the first thing I"d eliminate.

Quote:
...many of these that I found today at the LC store contain around 8-12 carbs per serving, but they are so high in fiber (6-10g) that they claim this reduces the carb count to 2. My question is, should I avoid these while on Induction & OWL - and wait until I've lost all my weight, or can I eat them now & count them as only 2 carbs?
You should avoid them while on induction (are they on the list of allowed foods?) but you can add them in OWL. You can count the NET carb content...e.g., 2 carbs.

We call these foods "frankenfoods".... they're low-carb imitations of high-carb foods that we're trying to wean ourselves from. It really is best if you learn to eliminate these things from your diet or only use them occasionally. They are notorious stallers. So venture forth carefully.

When I was new to LC I did just what you're doing....and as a matter of fact have about $60 worth of frankenfoods in my pantry right now that have been gathering dust. I learned quickly to just enjoy the whole foods that I'm allowed, 'cause the frankefoods just weren't cutting it for me. But it's definitely a YMMV thing.