View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 13:52

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Talking Yes, my bowel is not irritable anymore!

I totally agree that my bowels are much happier with fewer carbs!

I would always get the cramps and dumps (pardon me ) before being on SP, but now, I feel normal. Only whenI indulge in too many carbs am I back on the pot for an unpleasant visit.

Flamingo (Susan) I feel the same way about the water as you! I am amazed that I am not peeing every ten minutes, as it was before when I would drink this much water!

When I was eating high carb, low fat, I drank a lot of water (but less than now) and I was in the lav so much that I was sure the TP companies were cutting down entire forests just for me!

But now, on SP for 6 months on Sunday, I can say, after drinking FIVE 28 oz bottles of water a day (about 140 or more ounces), I am spending less time peeing than before when I drank 2 cups of caffeinated tea a day and a ton of water. I assume this is because my body is using the water more properly instead of just pushing right through me?

Would like to hear the "lite" science on why we Flamingo and I pee less, even while drinking more water, if anyone is up on that.

PS-- I'm not sure how much water I am supposed to drink, but I drink what my body wants, and it consistantly wants about 5 bottles of water, sometimes a little less. I have recently heard on the news that they have done a study that found drinking too much water is bad for you (I missed the part about WHY it was bad, and never heard how much is too much).

--Betty