Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 13:21

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Question Tried STEVIA--Didn't Sweeten, Wasn't Bitter, Gotta Headache

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well today.

I decided to try the natural sweetener Stevia for use in herbal tea (iced and hot).

After spending $13.99 for a 2oz. bottle of drops, I had hoped and prayed the money was well-spent. Not so. This is only my experience, but I would LOVE to hear your experiences with this product.

Firstly note, I tried it in quite a few different beverages, both hot and cold, and got pretty much the same results each time: Never got a bitter taste, but never really got a sweet taste, either.

But I did get a couple of headaches (I NEVER get headaches EVER), and I was wondering if they could be attributed to the stevia product?

Also, my personal observation on this as a sweetener is that it only gives a perceived sweetness, not an actual sweetness. I only "sensed" a sweetness one time in a rasberry herbal tea, but the sensation was only after swallowing the tea, and noting a tiny hint of sweet aftertaste.

Totally weird, and a waste of $14 in my opinion. I wish I could take it back, but I don't have the cajones to return it just because I didn't get the touted action.

Anyway, has anyone else tried and experienced these things with stevia, including any headaches?

Thanks all! --Betty
Sponsored Links