View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 17:41

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Thanx so much, Melissa

I will inquire about a colonscopy and an endoscopy. I would have never asked about it if you hadn't suggested it.

My son does not have blood in his stool or vomit. He has no fever and he had his last bowel movement just this morning (I was hoping for it to be softer but it appears to be medium/hard).

Just this afternoon a neighbour spoke to me about how head injuries can cause a multitude of symptoms that seem to have no connection to the head. Our son had suffered a mild concussion from the accident ...he cannot remember anything from the accident -he just tells people what he's been told. I don't know how I can look into this possible connection (the head connected to the bowel --sounds rather crazy ), but when I asked this neighbour about this concussion thing & possible connection to my son's abdominal pain, she said it's amazing what a head injury can produce. I bet the dr's gonna think I've flipped if I ask him about this possibility ...but I'm trying every angle to get to the bottom of what appears to be a form of IBS.

Right now my son wants to eat things like a hamburger, or hot dog or more 'interesting' things than just the bland / high fibre stuff. Do you think a hamburger patti would aggrivate his digestive system (because of the grease)? Soft boiled eggs go down well but he's starting to loose interest in them. I finally allowed him a small sub ...using meats that were low fat, and no cheese. Do you have any other food suggestions?

Thanks for your interest & concern. I'm hoping the dr will take my son in tomorrow if I call first thing in the morning. At least my son had an undisturbed night's sleep last night. Today he's still sore and draggy but he can keep his food down. It's just too bad he had to pull out of canoe trip that he'd look forward to for the whole summer. 'Fortunately' he's feeling crummy enough that he knows he'd never pull through it if he went.