View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-02, 22:32

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default sweating . . .

Right, well tahnks for bringing this up -- I thought it was just me! For one thing, it has been VERY hot in the American Northeast this July, so I thought maybe that was the issue. And I have a particularly virulent form of arthritis that causes me to sweat quite a bit. So I thought that might be it. But I have been sweating a LOT over the last few weeks.

Here is an example -- two weeks into the diet I went on a religious retreat to a monastery in West Virginia. All I did all day long for six and a half days was to meditate. That's right, sitting on the floor crosslegged for 12 or more hours a day. And every single day my my tee-shirt was sweat completely through by 10 AM. I'd change early in the afternoon and it would be sweat through within a few hours. No one else was sweating at all. Remember, we were sitting on the floor all day long -- not exactly chopping wood or running around the track!

The problem is that I have two mitigating possibilities, the heat and the arthritis, both of which would cause sweat -- so does the diet have anything to do with it? I am guessing so, but so far you are the only one to corraborate my experience -- anyone else out there experiencing sweating in the first few weeks of the diet? I'd be curious to know --

Cheers -- Vimala