View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-02, 11:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Every since I started this post, I have been thinking it over and over. Even though Rkhinman can't fathom being comfortable being fat, I know some of you can.

Being fat gives you a certain anonymity - people don't want to look at you, and those that look at you in disgust - well you feel you deserve it. Weight loss with high carb or low-fat diets just hasn't worked, no matter how much I exercised. Even when I was jogging 3 miles a day and lifting weights with the college football team - I was only eating 300-400 calories a day.

In the past, I've looked at exercising as a necessary evil if I want to loose weight, and even then it always hasn't worked - I've had to restrict calories greatly. And we all know, doing that for a long time is harmful and near impossible for most of us.

There is a time I didn't want to hear the word "diet" because I just knew that no matter what it wouldn't work for me. I feel exercise is the same way. Why bother? it won't help me loose weight - it really never has in the past. With the help of people like you guys and gals, I have learned what will work for me diet wise, and I CAN do it. Do it though, and feeling/knowing it are two different things.

I finally feel it. I am trying to look at exercise as not a way to loose weight, and it is something that I can fail at , but a way to improve my health - can't lose at that!

In my rambling way, I am trying to say: Exercising is not to solely loose weight, it is to make me healthier and improve my stamina.