View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 17:39

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Kool Aid gelatin w/ Splenda

Okay, this is how it turned out...I looked for a good flavour of Kool Aid, and that was a trip! What IS this thing kids have w/ blue food? I finally found a Strawberry/Star Fruit flavour that sounded good and was not blue.

I used a cup of Splenda to make the Kool Aid, but only 6 cups of water instead of 8. I didn't want the gelatin to taste watery. I kept some back to drink w/ lunch, so I used only 4 cups of this strong mixture for my gelatin experiment.

Then I looked on the Knox gelatin box and envelopes for some guidance on how much gelatin to use. Found only receipes for making "Knox Blox". What IS this thing kids have w/ eating w/ their hands?

So I used two envelopes of gelatin for 4 cups of liquid. It is a bit stiff, so I suspect one would suffice, but two is not bad.

I mixed some sour cream into part of it, and left the rest plain. It's very good, actually. Mixed w/ whipped cream it is really good. The sour cream makes it a Bavarian cream, and the plain is good on its own. It all just has that curious "airy" quality of artificial sweetener.

Best of all, no headache!!!