Plan: CKD
Stats: 190/190/180
BF:6
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally posted by Pasoa2000
Ok,

Question about supplements -

Vanadyl - Lyle McDonald mention that he takes this on Sunday and Monday to dorp blood glucose levels - Zeus mentions taking it during the carb up?

Am I correct in my understanding that vanadyl moves glycogen and body sugars FROM the blood TO the muscles? Thus on high carb up it would be supplying them with the continuous carbs u are eating? And when entering low carb it removes the rest of the blood sugar to cause ketosis?

And what does ALA do?

I bought some ripped fuel extreme as well - as the hydroxycut seemed to be interfering with things last week....

Thanks your responses,
Steve

Vanadyl and ALA help cells absorb glucose from blood, yes. There are quite a few papers you can find on Medline on this. Personally for me they never helped getting into ketosis faster, but ALA in particular helped during the carbup - minimizes water retention and fills the muscles better. However, it took me quite a bit of it to see that effect - circa 2 g/day split into 400-500mg dosages 30-min before meals. Also note that at the time I was carbing with all sorts of rubbish and now I seem to do just as well without ALA on better carbs (dextrose).

I'm very interested to see if you find any differences in how quickly you get into ketosis by using Ripped Fuel Extreme. The added ingredient is forskolin, and apparently helps inducing ketosis if all other conditions are right (i.e., no liver glycogen, etc). I have a very hard time getting into ketosis to any detectable degree, but a dose of RFE can make them show up. It may very well be that it's just a false reaction of the sticks to forskolin or it's metabolite, but anyways, interesting stuff...