#5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 14:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 150/145/128
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Allow me to clarify please...

Guys, I first did a low carb six week regimen three years ago (not Atkins) and I lost 17 pounds in 6 weeks although I cheated every week. On that one I could only eat chicken or fish and cruciferous veggies. No beef, no fruit, no bread, no dairy. I am a very disciplined person and after doing the Induction for very strictly for one week and four days, I got tired of it. Let me rephrase that, I got tired of eating beef and the reason I was eating beef instead of chicken is because I got so freaking burned out on chicken on the three years ago LC diet. I really don't care for fish but I am trying to like it. I did buy the Atkins book, the cookbook, and the carb counter and YES I have read all of the pertinent info regarding the Induction phase, etc. I have decided to still keep my carbs in the 20-25 range a day and I am going to try and make sure the carbs I eat are healthy ones. However, if I have a craving for chocolate and decide to eat a Carbolite or an Endulge bar then good for me because it's better than frozen yogurt, or ice cream, etc. Prior to July 22nd when I began Induction I had done cardio exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY for 77 consecutive days and I did weight training three times a week. If I had known to go LC during that 77 days I would have already lost a ton of weight. I am a very disciplined person and many of my friends do a modified Atkins diet which is what I am going to do. Thanks for your encouragement.