View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 03:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 262/254/140
BF:
Progress: 7%

MayLisa I know how you feel. Last night I was having such anxiety about wanting to eat--let's say binge out of control--that I thought I was going to go crazy literally. I was done with all my meals and had had plenty to eat so there was not physical reason for my feelings. But I still felt like I was going to go out of control. Thankfully I didn't.

Unfortunately I think with locarbing the difficulty is not in eating the appropriate foods, it is in changing the inappropriate behavior. Believe it or not the thing that has kept me eating low carb is not the weight loss (which has been only 5 lbs in 13 days), but the absence of the foggyness that results from a binge. I don't know if any of you consider yourself a compulsive overeater, but those of you who do will know what I mean. There have been many times that the only way that I know what I have eaten during a binge is by looking around for the papers after it is done--it happens so quickly.

When I feel the urge to binge I concentrate on the fact that I haven't had to feel badly about my behavior in almost two weeks. That offers me the comfort that food would have provided in the past.

Worst case senario--go to sleep if it gets too bad or just get out of the house and keep moving if you can.

I don't know if anything of this helped, but know that you are not alone.

Lee