Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 20:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/190.5/180 Male 75 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 91%
Default Help with my Jello Guilt

Hello Everybody,
Not much to say, except that I want to vent and maybe be told that not all is lost.
Tonight, day 17 since I have started and followed very strictly, no cheating or strong desire to cheat, day 17 since I started Induction phase of the Atkins program. I have and intend to stay on Induction for awhile. Today, I had Jello and now I have some major guilt feelings. I know that regular Jello brand SF Jello is not good because of it's sweetner. I went out and found that Jolly Rancher brand SF jello, but then reread the section of this website on Sugar alcohols and that scared me. (Remember I am trying to strictly follow Induction and don't want to screw up) So, I went back out to the store and got Knotts unflavored Jello, KoolAid, and Splenda. Fixed that up according to the directions I found posted here. I then whipped up some heavy whipping cream with some splenda and vanilla. Both the jello and the whipping cream were a first for me since starting Induction. Since starting I have had no sweets what so ever.

Now that I have had it I am worried that I have done some sort of harm to my progress. I know it sounds silly but I really didn't even crave it so much I just wanted to prove that I could have jello if I wanted. (that and to maybe eat something other than meat) Plus with everyone here talking about it I felt that I was being left out. I tried to make the "best" for me jello I could. I have stayed in my carb count for the day, less than 20. I counted the carbs in the Splenda, in the Cream. Jello it self is ok, same with the Koolaid(unsweetend) SO why the guilt, I worry that what people say here is true for me, that the even the taste of a sweet will tell my body to release insulan. So far I feel the same, no rushes, no funny feelings. What might I feel, anything?? I was never a super sweet sort of guy. (although last week I wanted ice cream, but it was also very very hot here in Kansas) Will Keto sticks tell me anything? I have had ok keto sticks all along, with only three or four of them (out of at least 50 tests) coming up negative (second week), but I think that the "sample" was too "deluted" to come up with that nice pink color that we love to see. (Never have seen "purple" but try to drink ALOT of water so I'm not surprised)

So I guess that I want people to confirm with/ comfort me that the jello I made is ok, and that it is most probabably not going to effect my progress. I can be strong and stick with this if I see progress. ( I know it is shallow of me, I'm working on that) I know that it, the weight loss might slow down, but if I at least see some sort of downward trend (and if not downward at least steady) I can and will stick with this, therefore that is why I got so worried about this stupid jello causing a stall. (It was ok jello, kind of nice to have something as a little mid -evening treat sitting on the couch with my girlfriend)

Thanks for listening and any advice offered is welcomed

Kansas5
Sponsored Links