#8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 19:26
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Protein Power
Stats: 231/170/180 Male 6'1.5"
BF:34.2/9.5/13.2
Progress: 120%

Cindarella,

I dont know if supplentation works for all vitamins, but one vitamin that I have seen the effects of immediately is Vitamin C.

I used to suffer from "over-training" when I used to workout 2 times per week. Even tho I felt great in the gym, once the endorphins had worn off I'd would feel like hell within a few hours and would gradually become more rundown during the week to the point that after a couple of weeks I usually would have a cold and some mild flu-like symptoms - I would have to stop training for a couple of weeks.

To combat the cold I started taking a Multi Vitamin Supplement and then I found by complete chance that if I had 1000mg Vitamin C after my workout, although I still had the obligatory fatigued muscles I didnt get any of the other symptoms AND my muscle recovery period dropped dramatically: I could realistically train 2 or 3 times a week without fear of overtraining!!

(Incidentally, this was 10 years ago when although I knew Vit C's ability to ward off the common cold, I knew nothing of its catalyst like ability to speed up tissue repair from pumping iron!)

I now take 500mg time released Vitamin C a day...

Have fun,
Zzoom