View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 17:44

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 225/175/190 Male 72in
BF:30%/8%/8%
Progress: 143%
Talking

I registered at there sight and this is what I wrote in the comments section.

On the Protein Power Diet I have lost 42 pounds(started at 225 and now weigh 183) and went from 30% body fat to 16%. Most of the pounds were lost in the first 100 days on the diet. I have not experienced any of the listed adverse effects and have experience a number of beneficial effects such as lowered blood pressure and heart rate, lowered bad cholesterol(LDL), raised good cholesterol(HDL), and lowered tryglicerides. The above benefits were detected after the first 4 weeks on the diet. As of three weeks ago my total cholesterol was 135mg/dl(245 before the diet) with a breakdown of LDL 85 and HDL 36. All of this was accomplished by eating a minimum of 120grams of protein (from animal meat sources such as beef, pork, chicken and fish) a day with less then 30 grams of carbohydrates. I continue to lose fat as I ad lean muscle mass using an exercise program started after the first 100 days. This exercise program consists of lifting weights and doing interval aerobics three times a week each. I look forward to seeing the results of this survey published. Pleas e-mail me if you have any questions or would like further information.