View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 14:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Afraid of Exercising

I hope this doesn't sound too silly, but I believe I am afraid of exercising. I was leery of diets, never had one really work. Sure I tried Atkins once before, but I wasn't committed and I wasn't mentally prepared. I now realize the "stress eating" I was doing, and I know that I was almost afraid to get thinner - people noticing me, and I was comfortable with being fat. With thanks to this forum, I am on the straight and narrow of LC'ing ... eating-wise.

Exercising is another story.

I keep thinking, I am going to hurt myself if I do something strenuous. Waste money (which is tight) if I buy an exercise machine or join a gym.

I've had treadmills (nice clothes hanger) I've had a thigh machine (never made it out of the box). I am so used to having just about every joint hurt when I walk, still hurts from time to time, but no where near as much. I tried just simple stretching exercises - it lasted about 3 days. I stopped because "It won't do anyone as large as I am any good, so why do it?"

I *know* it will help, but like going back on the Atkins plan - I still have in the back of my head that it will not do any good, so I just *know* it won't do any good.

Who has any inspiring stories to share? Been there? How did you get over it? I NEED TO DO THIS! I've overcome the hurdle with eating, now I need to overcome this obstacle.

I need to exercise, Period. But I need help in reminding me and encouraging me. With all of your help, I will get over this mind trap!
Sponsored Links