View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 09:56

Plan: PP
Stats: 180/142/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks, Teri - I e-mailed a friend that's been on PP for years and she said the same thing about the sweating - she's never heard of it. Well, I think it's menopausal symptoms. I'm 41 and I've been going through peri for a good seven or eight years now, and just lately things have gotten wacky again. Early menopause runs in my family also. Boy, if I thought I knew what a hot flash was before, I was just dreamin'!!

Thanks for telling me I haven't stalled. I think we newbies read about others' early success and get really hyper about losing lots of weight really fast. Then we start seeing the pounds drop off the scale - sometimes one or two pounds a day - and it's hard not to expect it to continue, even though we know that's unrealistic. So it's good to know that the weight loss can drop off or slow down in the second and third week. I've upped my water consumption considerably and I AM down a pound (yippee ), so maybe that was it. Also, I had sort of a crash in energy the second week and now it's better, so I'm walking every day. I think that has a lot to do with it too.

At any rate, I'm glad for your reassurance, I'm glad I found this forum, and I'm glad for the modest weight loss I've had so far. It is SO AWESOME to put on a piece of clothing that used to be tight, and wonder if I can wear it at all now because it's too loose! Whoo hoo!