View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 08:47

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Fats are the most concentrated calories you can get.

Olive oil, butter, mayo all have around 100 calories per tablespoon. So adding these helps get those calories up without adding additional bulk to make you feel stuffed.

It is quite normal to lose lots of weight the first couple of weeks and then slow down. It has taken me over a year to lose 50 pounds. We didn't gain the weight over night or within a months time so we tend to expect it to come off over night because well we as humans are impatient with these things.

During OWL you get to experiment This is the time you find your magic carb number that makes you gain weight. If you have been at 20 carbs a day, go to 25 carbs a day for 2 weeks. Then go to 30 carbs a day for two weeks until you gain. That is the magic number you need to stay under for the rest of your life in order to maintain your weight. After you find your magic number you can then drop back down in the 25 range or lose slower and have more food choices at a higher number.

I find I can eat a lot of different foods at this point, of course my weight loss is slow, but I can enjoy a baked potatoe now and then with my steak, or a hot dog at a baseball game.

Moderiation is the key.