View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 21:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/200/190 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Talking Not gloating : just a tip

I've been doing LC for 5 days now and I've been pretty strict about my carb intake (well, very strict about the carbs, but I've had a few diet sodas). The ketostix weren't changing color at all. I wasn't going to obsess about them, then next thing I know I'm testing them every time I'm in the bathroom. I didn't see any change until a couple mintues ago. I'll tell you how.

I'm a guy, so the physics of how I take the sample are different, but maybe you could work on your technique. I had been putting the stick into the path of the stream (sounds oddly like Ghostbusters), counting till 15, and seeing no change. I did the same again, and again, no change. After I was done, I decided to try getting a drip rather than the full force (sorry for the graphic description, but hey). Right after it turned a solid purple. Its was at the high end of moderate. Keep in mind, these 2 readings were in the same "session", about 30 seconds apart. One completely negative and one that's almost got me worried because it was such a strong positive.

Clearly this isn't an exact science. I was asking about the ketostix last night and basically heard that many people don't bother with them and still lose weight fine. Its just something else to obsess over. However, I like something in black and white (or peach and purple) that says its working.

To the more experienced folk, am I doing something wrong with the sticks?