View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 11:55

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Complex Carbs.

BTW.... the CALP book has a lot of info on Chromium. You might like to read it sometime.

Also..... about Chromium.... without enough Chromium your body will often overproduce insulin..... which leads you to crave the very junk that robbed your body of its chromium in the first place. (CALP, page 74)

Basically Carbs fall into two catagories. Simple Sugars and Complex Carbs. (CALP page 151)

Simple sugars are things like table sugar, fruit juice and high fructose corn syrup...... um.....candy and soda pop are simple sugars. Fruit is a simple sugar but fruit also contains fiber and vitamins that we want.

Complex Carbs are things like grain, rice, pasta and starchy vegetables ...... potatoes and corn are two.

Except for fruit I try to stay away from simple sugars. The only time I ever have fruit these days is with my Reward Meal.

Anyway... according to the CALP book many Carb Addicts have less cravings with the Complex Carbs as part of their Reward Meal instead of Simple Sugars.

There is a lot more to read up on about Complex Carbs, maybe someone can help us out. Nat? Where are you when we need ya? LOL.

I just know this..... I do much better with corn and potatoes than I do resisting seconds on candy bars and ice cream. I eat simple sugars and my cravings go nuts.

Hope this helps.
Libby