View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 11:34

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Stupid Internet Server.

Hmmmm.... First I write a long detailed reply about Chromium and Complex Carbs...... quite liked it too, I might add...... and then got kicked off AOL....... then I get back on and type a modified reply.......and got kicked off AOL. So now I am peeved.

This might be really short. LOL

Actually there is probably a lot of information on both subjects already posted on this site somewhere.

Chromium: Chromium is a mineral needed for energy. It is vital in the synthesis of cholesterol, fats, and protein. Chromium maintains a stable blood sugar leval through proper insulin utilization, and can be helpful for diabetics and folks with hypoglycemia. Studies have shown that low plasma chromium levels can be an indication of coronary artery disease.

There are a few types of chromium available. The one that the CALP book and my book on Supplements suggests is GTF Chromium. (Glucose Tolerance Factor). Chromium Picolinate is the other form of chromium and according to the Heller's simply has not had as much research as GTF Chromium. Anyway...... the CALP book suggests "Solgar's" GTF Chromium which is certified biologically active. I buy "Soloray".

The National Research Council says that 50 to 200 Micrograms of Trivalent chromium each days is a safe and adequate intake for most adults. MOST pills contain 200 Micrograms so that one pill per day is what you need. Watch out for that one when you shop. Some of them have different amounts. You want 200 Mcg.

Okay..... so this is what I would shop for:
GTF CHROMIUM...... that is BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE, has no other added ingredients and comes in 200 MCG's per pill.

I am ending this now and sending it before I get kicked out again..... gona have my breakfast and get back to ya on Complex Carbs.