View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 06:10

Plan: CKD
Stats: 162/?/? Female 5'6
BF:16
Progress: 0%

Thanks Nat and Rustpot!! You guys hit it on the head. I think my calories must have been extremely low when the low-fat diet worked. Fortunately once I stalled, I started doing Atkins and continued to lose weight and got to my goal. But I shudder to think what would have happened to me had I stayed on low-fat.
I remember my 2nd day of Atkins, waking up in the morning and truly not being hungry. This was amazing to me. I was used to waking up ravenous. I couldn't wait to have my corn flakes and skim milk with a ton of sugar sprinkled on top. I would often watch the clock at work waiting for it to be lunch time, I was so hungry. The Atkins Diet gives me leeway in terms of appetite. The hunger comes on slowly now, before it would hit me like a ton of bricks, I NEEDED TO EAT NOW!! It was awful, no wonder my husband said I was a grouch. No wonder people who lose weight gain it all back with interest.
Low-carb is so wonderful for so many reasons, number one being I don't feel like I'm on a diet. Actually, I'm not, it's a way of eating....