View Single Post
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 05:12

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 220/203/186 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi 190 Gang!

I am considering doing something a bit different and would appreciate any coments. I am very happy on this way of life, but it is so slow for me (yes, I know slow is safe and stays off longer but ...) . Saw a friend today who looks great and she said she did it on the cabbage soup diet (or at least a form of it). I didn't realise, but this is not just cabbage soup but a specific type of food every day for a week. It's low fat, + fruit and veg (= hunger and constipation for me) but actually promises 10-15 pounds loss in a week! A week! Well, I'm not going to leave this WOE, I love it, but I thought I might try to give myself a boost and do this for a week then go back to what I am doing now. What do you guys think?

I can't imagine I'd lose anything like that. Especially as I'm pretty detoxxed from carbs anyway so wouldn't get that initial weight loss which is really water. I might also put it back on when I return to this, but you never know. If it even lost, say 4 lbs and I kept it off when I came back to this, it would be worth doing every couple of months as an interval thing.

Anyone got experience of this? I know people who have done it, lost loads and gone back to normal overeating and put it all back on plus more, but nobody who has gone back to low-carbing.

It's very strict indeed so need to find a week when not eating out at all. Might not be for a couple of weeks, but I think I will give it a go unless others tell me this will certainly bring disaster.

Let me know what you think

Sara